SEAFIRST MANAGEMENT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
SeaFirst is committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within SeaFirst only use any information collected from individual customers for the purposes of providing the products and services requested by the Customer; to ascertain who their customers, and what their insurance needs are; or, as may otherwise be directed by the Customer. SeaFirst will take reasonable steps to protect your privacy from any unauthorized use. Parliament and the legislature have created specific offences for unauthorized actions against computer systems and data. Should such an unauthorized action take place, we will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
Any information concerning the Customer and their respective Customer Records may be passed to third parties. However Customer records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than: (1) the insurance markets and adjuster service providers that SeaFirst utilizes to provide products and services to our customers; or (2) marketing companies that SeaFirst engages to study the demographics of the customers for the purposes of improving services; or (3) if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Customers have the right to request the sight of, and copies of any and all Customer Records kept by SeaFirst, on the proviso that SeaFirst is given reasonable notice of such request and the Customer pays a reasonable cost to copy the records for the Customer’s purpose. Customers are required to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services. Where appropriate, SeaFirst shall issue customers with appropriate written information, hand-outs and copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
SEAFIRST WILL NOT SELL, SHARE OR RENT THE CUSTOMER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION OR USE THE CUSTOMER’S E-MAIL OTHER THAN FOR THE PURPOSES SET OUT ABOVE.
These terms and conditions form part of any Agreement that may arise between the Customer and SeaFirst. By accessing this website you are indicating your understanding, agreement and acceptance, of the foregoing Disclaimer Notices and the Full Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your Statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.
ADDITIONAL CUSTOMER TERMS & AGREEMENTS
If a person applying for insurance falsely describes the property to the prejudice of the insurer, or misrepresents or fraudulently omits to communicate any circumstance that is material to be made known to the insurer in order to enable it to judge the risk to be undertaken, the contract is void as to any property in relation to which the misrepresentation or omission is material.
Material Change in Risk
(1) The insured must promptly give notice in writing to the insurer or its agent of a change that is
(a) material to the risk, and
(b) within the control and knowledge of the insured.
(2) If an insurer or its agent is not promptly notified of a change under subparagraph (1) of this condition, the contract is void as to the part affected by the change.
(3) If an insurer or its agent is notified of a change under subparagraph (1) of this condition, the insurer may
(a) terminate the contract in accordance with Statutory Condition 5, or
(b) notify the insured in writing that, if the insured desires the contract to continue in force, the insured must, within 15 days after receipt of the notice, pay to the insurer an additional premium specified in the notice.
(4) If the insured fails to pay an additional premium when required to do so under subparagraph (3) (b) of this condition, the contract is terminated at that time and Statutory Condition 5 (2) (a) applies in respect of the unearned portion of the premium.
PAYMENT, POLICY TERM, INSURANCE CONTRACT TERMINATION AND PREMIUM REFUND PROCEDURES
Payment and Policy Term
All policies of insurance are for a one year term only. Annual renewal of coverage must be processed prior to the policy expiry date to remain in force. Failure to renew the coverage by the client will impose no liability on SeaFirst or its affiliates.
Payment can only be made by major Credit Cards. Evidence of coverage in place, policy issuance, or renewal policy issuance will not be provided until premium is paid in full. In the event of payment reversal, interruption, or irregularity SeaFirst reserves the right to cancel the coverage on any insurance product (“Contract”) purchased by the Customer or seek recovery of any monies remaining unpaid via collection agencies and or through the Courts at SeaFirst’s discretion. In the event that collection proceedings are undertaken, you shall be liable for any and all additional administration and/or court costs.
Special payment handling may incur a $25 charge to cover banking fees and administrative costs. Additionally transactions and agreements entered into will cease with immediate effect at our option until such time as any and all outstanding monies are received in full. Unless already agreed to in writing by SeaFirst all future transactions shall be in cash only.
SeaFirst reserves the right to levy a $25.00 charge to cover any subsequent administrative expenses.
Policy Termination and Refund Procedures
The Contract may be terminated:
- by SeaFirst giving the insured 15 days’ notice of termination by registered mail or 5 days’ written notice of termination personally delivered, or
- by the Customer at any time on request, but
If the Contract is terminated by SeaFirst:
- SeaFirst must refund the excess of the premium actually paid by the Customer over the prorated premium for the expired time, but in no event may the prorated premium for the expired time be less than any minimum retained premium specified in the Contract, and
- the refund must accompany the notice unless the premium is subject to adjustment or determination as to amount, in which case the refund must be made as soon as practicable
- The 15 day period notice of termination given by SeaFirst referred to above starts to run the day of the registered letter or notification of its delivered to the insured’s postal address.
If the Contract is terminated by the Customer:
- SeaFirst must refund as soon as practicable the excess of the premium actually paid by the insured over the short rate premium for the expired time specified in the Contract, but in no event may the pro-rated premium for the expired time be less than any minimum retained premium* in the Contract.
* minimum retained premium, as referred to in the Contract and the Declarations and Statutory Conditions means the minimum amount of premium entitled to be kept by the insurer if the Customer chooses to cancel the policy mid-term, which results in no refund, unless the premium is higher than the minimum retained premium.